CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 8, 2008

Laundry

I would like to ask a question...why is it so hard to get kids to do their laundry?? I have three boys, and they would rather walk around in shorts in 25* weather, than wash their clothes. Yup, my boys (12-13-19) all do their own laundry, and they have since they were 10. We are trying to teach our boys to be self sufficient, but sometimes that is hard, because we constantly hear, "But so-and-so don't have to do their laundry, or chores", and our response is (you moms out there know what I am going to say, I know it)..."Well, I am not their parent, I am your parent". And boy do they not like that...hehe.

But hubby took care of the laundry thing last night, he told all the boys they will do all their laundry, and get their rooms cleaned up, BEFORE, they get on the computer. Sounds great, huh?? But I am the one here when they get home, and I don't feel I have to go behind 12 and 13 year olds to make sure they do what they are supposed to do. And I won't!! I refuse to!! These boys need to learn responsibility.

Now, I think I know what the problem is, between how I see things and how my hubby sees things. See, I was brought up in a home where my mother was the only parent and my sister and I. So we had to do all the chores, there was nothing that neither of us could do. Now, on the other hand, my hubby was brought up, also in a home with him mom being the only parent for awhile, but he has sisters. So the sisters did the "girl" things, for example, washing dishes, doing laundry, cleaning, vacuuming and other things like that. Now the boys, they did the yard work, and the taking out of trash, and whatever other "boy" chores were to be done. So now, you see my trouble and why it is hard sometimes for us to see eye to eye on a lot of things, but I do have to say, my hubby is getting much better, and I am trying to bend and let him take care of things. Like the laundry deal today.

I'll let you know how that works out....

Now, I need this message today, so I am going to memorize it and keep it on my lips today, because I am going to need the Lord's help today!!! Hehe

Have a blessed Day!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Carry Me Through Today, Lord


Carry me through today, Lord
With gentle wings from above.
Carry me through today, Lord,
Let me feel your love.

I shall not worry about tomorrow,
Yesterday is gone.
Just carry me through today, Lord,
That's where I belong.

Through all my trials and troubles,
I know that you are there,
Sometimes it's hard to see you
Through each tear and care.

Carry me through today, Lord,
Don't let me slip away.
Tomorrow may be taken from me,
So carry me through today

0 comments: