CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 29, 2008

Hardhearted People

Hardhearted people are hopelessly confused. Their minds are full of darkness; they wander far from the life God gives because they have closed their minds and hardened their hearts against him. They have no sense of shame. They live for lustful pleasure and eagerly practice every kind of impurity.
(Eph. 4:17-19)

I was going to search for the perfect scripture on Crosswalk, through their Search the Bible search, and I opened the page, and this scripture was smack dab in the middle of the page. Well, I read it and said, "Thank you God!!!" because I was searching and He handed me the perfect scripture.

As I read this scripture, it saddens me, because I am sure that there are people in your life, as well as mine, that this scripture describes perfectly!! And maybe this may have been you, I definitely know this was me at one time, but you don't see it until you have become a follower of Christ, and God gives you new eyes to see. But we don't have to despair, because God is the God of second chances. (And that is the book that I am reading right now, by Greg Laurie, it is an awesome book, and I truly recommend it to anyone.)

As Christians, we will fall, but once we fall it depends on what we do after that that matters. Do we raise our eyes to God, and take His hand? Or do we lay down in the muck and stay there, because we don't think we deserve God's Grace? Well, honestly, none of us deserve His mercy and grace, but that is why it is called grace. Someone had given me something that I could use so that I could understand what Grace was, and it truly helped me, and I am going to pass it on to you. Here it is....

Grace is...

God's
Riches
At
Christ's
Expense

Now how awesome is that!!??!! Grace is a gift that He gives freely, all we have to do is reach out and take it, and you know what?? There is no limit on His grace giving!!

So, if you are in the muck, and you don't feel you deserve God's grace, look up, and take His hand, because He has a gift for you!!

Have a blessed day!!

0 comments: